2011年11月2日 星期三

Journal Entry 18: Rational or Transcendental?”

Gotta say, this is a complicated journal for me. I was kind of confused for the topic, and i had no idea what to write in my notebook. After the class, i kinda have some idea in mind. To me, the two looks like opposites. The rationalists believed in the city. Civilization, reasons, and logic guides them through their lives. They like civilization, with logics and reasons, they find their creation "city" the best place to live and be with God. For them, God is in this world, somewhere inside reasons and logic you just gotta find him.
The transcendentalists are not like that. They believed in nature and instincts, or their self emotions i guess. They dislike the city, its not like they hate the city where they will leave it, its just that they find the spirit of God in the wild, in nature. Instead of following reasons and logics, they decide to follow their heart.

I am definitely, and i i mean definitely a transcendatalist. I do not believe in logics, reason, those are all crap. I would not look at a statistic data and go like, hmm my chances are or whatever im doing or evaluating with just reasons and logics. Sure, God might be inside them, but i believe everything had to do with the mind. This is a important journal to me, well, to this moment i just realized it. I do things like the transcendatalist, the extremem type i guess. I do whatever i want, i follow the rules, but i will complete the tasks according to my way. To other people, this might sound like im a non-conformist, but what i mean is that i do what my heart tells me. I will not bow under someone bigger than me, i will rise and make them bow to me (that's kind of tooooo extreme, but you get my point.) Then nature, i love the wild, the nature. I love to be in nature or like Tarzan and run naked. Im not a civilized guy, im wild, crazy, active, and i believe thats what makes me. Im definitely not a raionalist or a puritan, im a transcendentalist or rather THE WILD.

沒有留言:

張貼留言