2011年11月16日 星期三

Journal 24: Freedom and Equality

I think its pretty free, i dont know too much about the political or any dark "deeds" that America have, but judging from what the people could d now is pretty free i guess. If you ask the same question to people maybe 50 years or something before, they would probably say no. First, the women rights movement, then the black civil rights, and also the slavery all the way back to the civil war times. THese events all shows that un equal and unfreedom soceity that America used to have.
THese are really important qualities to me. If i dont have the freedom and equality i have now, i can imagine my life being pretty much really different. Starting from freedom, i havbe the freedom that the blacks didnt have 50 years ago. I can eat and sit anywhere i feel like. I get to drink or party anywhere i want. The only thing that is restricting me on doing some crazy ass stuff is laws and my own perosnal moral.
Equality goes the same direction. The two quality actually ties themselves quite close together. If you don't have equality, you don't have freedom. I get to do the same thing in the U.S or in Taiwan as anyone else can. I can vote and stuff, there's no actual racial discrimination in asians and whites or blacks in Taiwan. If you're in America, there might still be some.
There are not much things restricting my life. The only thing is law and i guess for me currently now is scores. Any scores or records prevents me from living my life full out. How am i going to break these bounds? you can't, if you break free from the bounds of law, then the world will be a mess.

沒有留言:

張貼留言